Monday, August 06, 2012

Providence, new friends and failed intentions

I made a good friend through the use of Facebook.  I never thought that something like that would ever happen to me.  But it is funny because now, several months after we first "met", we have become really good friends!

We share many similarities.  One of them being so close in age...we are only 10 days apart!  We also share the a lot of the same sin tendencies and struggles in motherhood and keeping the home.  Our lives have crossed in various instances, but we never "met" until a few months ago via a facebook group through a post about allergies.  Her husband and my husband were classmates in seminary, but never knew each other.  She and I attended the MABC together at TMC, but we never met either....until one day when I posted a question about my son's allergies and she took the initiative to email me some of the things she learn and struggled with herself.

Anyways, that is how we met.  And now she has asked me to contribute to her blog.  I am excited and nervous to do so.  Her blog seems so much more "official" and "real" than mine, a blog with a nice layout, friendly design and typo-free.  My blog seems more like an online journal that gets feedback from friends -- a diary that talks back.  :)

Here is a link to the post I did for her blog, www.intentionalhomemaker.com.  In my post I try to reconcile the most recent unanswered question nagging at my soul which is "how do I be content with my failures?"

4 comments:

  1. Love this account of how we "met!" I truly hope we can actually "meet" someday in person! I'm so excited to have you contributing to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know.... it is fun how we met. I have to remember that a blessing of Jakob's allergies allowed us to met. :) I do hope we get to met sometime too!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing the Scripture as you go through the adventures of motherhood! You inspire me to raise a family based on God's standards

    ReplyDelete