I am sure that there are tons of you unknown readers out there on the edge of your seat, waiting for me to blog about my experience with the flats hand washing cloth diaper challenge. But due to a change in circumstances I have to withdraw from the challenge.
Actually, for the week of the challenge I will be without a baby to diaper. So it makes it a little difficult to wash cloth diapers by hand if I have no dirty diapers to wash– right? Ha ha… so I am now off the hook… I mean withdrawing from the challenge. God’s ways and plans are always better than our plans anyways. During this week (when the challenge is happening) Jakob gets the opportunity to visit Allan’s side of the family. I am excited for him and for the family. I think this is a much better way to spend the week, rather than what I had planned. He doesn’t get to see them as much as either of us would like. So I am glad this has worked out.
So what will I do with Jakob gone all week? My husband told me to go on a personal retreat. Wives are called to submit, so I better listen to him on this. ☺ I already have my “week of singleness” planned. Hair styling on Monday. Nails on Tuesday. Lunch with the ladies on Wednesday…. just kidding. But I am looking forward to going on outings with only a purse in hand! So light and carefree! I do have several visits planned to see friends, of which I am looking forward to! And a few projects to get done around the house as well. Allan also said to take the time to rest and read a couple books. So on my list of reading this week is Trusting God by Jerry Bridges, and also Gospel Powered Parenting by Farley.
Allan will be in the Philippines this week, teaching a hermeneutics module in Davao City. If you want to know more about what Allan’s week looks like here is a link to Sean Ransom’s blog (the current missionary in the Philippines) and also Vincent Green’s blog (another missionary candidate like ourselves raising support). They have a little more details about the trip. Allan will be teaching alongside Sean and Vincent this week. We’ll blog more about Allan’s trip when he returns.
Have a GREAT time of refreshment! What a sweet hubby to desire this for you.
ReplyDeleteThanks Laurie. :) So far so good. I wonder if I will wake up at the same time as I normally do tomorrow or if I'll sleep in.
ReplyDelete