Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Things I have discovered and enjoyed about our son, Jakob

They say one way to cultivate a thankful heart is to keep a list of all of the blessings you are thankful for. They say it helps re-focus your mind to look for blessings instead of being consumed with yourself and swallowed in your own earthly circumstances. So I decided to give it a try. Here is a list of some things that have brought a smile to my heart and laughter to my lips in these past several days.

1. Allan's tenderness towards Jakob. How he talks to him like they are buddies and sings to him to quiet him down.



2. When Jakob farted at the exact time I was wiping him bottom clean.

3. When Jakob farted at the exact time Allan was wiping his bottom clean.

4. How Jakob's hands and feet are so small, yet perfectly made and complete. He has my hands and Allan's feet.


5. How Jakob's nostrils flare and turn white, his eyes go cross-eyes, his mouth forms into a small "O", and he finishes with a small crooked smile when he is passing a bowel movement. Daddy has learned to wait until after the smile fads before he changes his diaper.

6. How the nasal aspirator makes the same swoosh sound as our favorite show, NCIS, when it breaks for commercial.

7. The middle of the night chats with Allan when he wakes up to change Jakob's diaper and then I fed Jakob. We chat for awhile in quite of the middle of the night.

3 comments:

  1. #6 is affectionately known as the "snot-sucker" in our family. 'Nasal aspirator' seems a bit hoity-toity given what it does :-)

    I praise God for your list - seeing joy in everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:21 PM

    He is so cute Sandi! I take it you haven't experienced the fountain when changing a diaper yet?! Just wait, that'll make you laugh til you cry! I still crack up everytime it happens!

    Kacey

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! Keep adding to the list ;)

    ReplyDelete