Friday, February 19, 2010

Thankfulness at 3 weeks


So Jakob is now 3 weeks old. He is growing so fast! He has already outgrown his newborn clothing and is on 0-3 month clothing. I am finding it a bit easier to find things I am thankful for. (Perhaps that means I am growing and changing??) Here is a list of some things I have thought of this past week:

1. Encouragement from fellow believers sharing what they are thankful for and how God has been sovereignly working in their own lives.
2. Spending lazy, relaxing days with my husband
3. The showering of love from others – with so many meals and gifts – making sure we have all that we need and more for the birth of our son!
4. The smiles and coos of Jakob
5. Boiled guava leaves ☺
6. A practical, down-to-earth, common sense OB-GYN doctor.
7. A calm understanding husband who is flexible to circumstances
8. Taking the good advice of “finding enjoyment in the likes and interests of my husband”. I now enjoy a wider variety of food, comic book characters, robots, and ninjas now because of him.
9. A book holder stand so that I can read while feeding Jakob.
10. Watching oddities and personality developing in Jakob. For instance, how he always seems to want to have one of his fists by his face. He came out of the womb with a fist by his face. He feeds with a fist by his face. And he breaks out of his swaddles at night so that he can sleep with a fist by his face.

2 comments:

  1. Fist by his face - so CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amen to #6! so glad things are going well. can't wait to meet jakob in person-our boys are just weeks apart! i am enjoying coen being in his nb clothes b/c i know it won't be long before he's in that next stage!

    ReplyDelete