So life is changing for the Luciano Family. About two weeks ago I stopped working full time at Grace Community Church, in order to stay home and work full time as a wife and mother! The past two weeks have been a special time for Allan and I. We've had lots of time to spend together and talk and enjoy each other's company. We both realize that any day now are lives are about to drastically change with the birth of Baby Jakob. But until then, we are waiting and reflecting on life.
We both feel like it is the "calm before the storm" or like the slow big climb to the top of a roller coster and we are about to reach the big drop and go racing.... but we can't see exactly when the drop in the roller coster will come.
I am eager and excited to stay home. I have immensely enjoyed the 3 1/2 years of working at GCC and God used it in many ways to teach me great lessons, and also to provide for our family. But during the time my interests were divided between house and work. So I am very excited and eager not to have to battle with the split in interests and now can focus all on being a wife and mommy. My desire is to be a great helper for my husband and enable him to better focus on his goals because I can now be home to help manage the house.
One thing that these changes in life have made Allan reflect on more is what is our goal and aim in life? Change is good and enables you to stop and think "wait a second, what are we here for and what are we trying to accomplish?" When all of regular schedules and daily activities of life are stripped away - to start all over - it makes you reflect and contemplate why and what we are doing. It has revealed some wrong motives in both of us, and we are thankful for these past two weeks together to talk through this, pray and refocus on what truly matters in life. So often we get distracted with the circumstances of life, aiming for the blessing or outcome rather than aiming to please God and know Him more. Staying home being a full time wife and mother can quickly and easily being tempting to focus on the wrong thing again. It is not really about cooking dinner, or moping the floors or feeding the baby... but what is my focus while doing that? Am I merely focused on the circumstances and outcome... or am I looking at my heart to see how I can learn more about my Savior through these circumstances.
No comments:
Post a Comment