Hi! This is my first blog post... ooooo...eee... kinda nervous. So Allan has posted a few entries about our plans and directions to move to the Philippines. And I thought I'd do a brief entry of some things I have been learning.
I have been learning that God is gentle towards His children. Oh, so gentle in teaching us more about Him. Something He has gently been teaching me is that salvation is all about Him. The justification and now the sanctification. It is so freeing and exciting to see that it is not about me. I get myself into so much worry, fret, fear, anxiousness when I try to put myself into every equation.... "so what does this mean about me?"... Sometimes I think He teaches me "shhh, My child, wait and rest in Me and my goodness and promises, and watch and see my Glory on display in your life!"
I love the last several chapters of Job... whenever I need to clam my spirit and tell it "shhh! rest fretful spirit" I just read Job chapters 38 to the end. Oh, to remember and focus on how great our God is. Without carrying on for so long on my first post, I'll keep it brief - but that is something God has been teaching me through my job, finishing my school load for my MABC, moving to the Philippines, my thesis preparation, and now counseling others for class. It is so exciting to see that it is all about "the praise of His glorious grace!" (Ephesians 1)
Every good blog post needs some pictures - so I found a couple to post. God made this beautiful rainbow back in December after a party with some friends. Allan took and camera and we tried to capture the picture. Rainbows are always a good reminder of God's promises to His children. And one of those promises is "grace upon grace", like waves upon waves hitting the shoreline, so is His grace towards His children. And do you know what a synoymn of grace is?.... Gentleness!
Hi Sandi,
ReplyDeleteYou have the makings of a good blogger. You and Allan are a great inspiration to us. We are so blessed and we thank and praise the Lord for having both of you as our children.
Maybe we will join you in the Philippines sometime in the near future. We, too, want to glorify God whenever he wants us to go.
Dad (Tony) & Mom (Lelit)