So I turned 30 years old a little over a week ago. In passing along their birthday wishes, a lot of people asked me how I feel now that I am 30. Funny, when I was little my perspective on being 30 was living in an apartment and having a plant and a fish. When I thought about what I'd do when I was 30, pictured myself coming home from work while the sun was still up, watering my plant and feeding my fish before I sat down on my couch to relax. ha ha... what simplified thoughts I had about being 30.
But one thing turning 30 has done is make me think and approach life more purposeful. In Psalm 90 we are reminded that we are but dust and encouraged to number our days. Maybe it's turning 30, maybe it's Allan finishing up his seminary studies, maybe it's planning to move to the Philippines, or maybe it's working on my thesis for the MABC - but whatever it may be I am encouraged to number my days and to approach them with the purpose of glorifying my Lord and Savior.
How did I celebrate my birthday? Allan and I went to dinner with my sister and bro-in-law. It was simple and intimate and a sweet time just conversing together. I have a few pictures to share...(hhmm... still learning how to get the picture to show up at the right spot in my post). Then later in the week spent some time playing games with friends (eatting noddles for long life), and dinner with my family. Each time my birthday comes I end the day with "gee that was nice, it's fun to have a birthday".
You have to cut and paste the pictures to get them where you want them :). Looks like you had fun!
ReplyDelete