Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Pursuit of Joy: Part 2, Trevor

-->
The other week I made a list of what I loved about my son, Jakob.  Today I wanted to make a list of what I loved about my other son, Trevor at 13 months of age.  Growing up at Christmas time there was always an equal amount of boxes to open for me and my sister and brother.  My mom went to great lengths to make sure her love never came across as more for one child than the other.  So in similar fashion following her example, here are 10 aspects about Trevor to equal the 10 aspects I already shared about Jakob.




·      I love how he naturally snuggles into my neck, wrapping one arm around me when I carry him.

·      I love how his curiosity keeps him awake in car rides, quietly observing everything around him.

·      I love his eagerness to get down from his highchair when he sees his brother playing, not wanting to miss out on play time with his big brother.

·      I love how he looks over his shoulder when he climbs the stairs, then breaks out into uncontrollable giggles when someone pursues him.

·      I love how he smiles with his eyes.

·      I love how he knows how to play with cars because of his older brother, moving them around with his hand and making a small motor noise.

·      I love his curiosity for toys, carefully examining almost every toy he is given.

·      I love how his older brother Jakob wakes up happy when Trevor wakes him up because Trevor is near.

·      I love how the memory of his birth reminds me of the faithfulness and mercy of my Lord Jesus Christ.

·      I love how his name reminds me of my brother (middle name Nathan after my younger brother) and the deep deep love of Jesus (first name after Samuel Trevor Francis, writer of said hymn).

No comments:

Post a Comment