“I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have
peace…for in the world you will have trouble, but take heart I have overcome
the world!” – John 16:33
-
Seeds Encouragement CD
Are you familiar with Seeds Music? Click here to learn more. Basically they take bible verses and
put them to music. It is fun and
makes Bible verses more memorable.
We have a couple of their CD’s.
One of the CD’s we have is their Encouragement CD. I have it in the car to play for Jakob
when we are out. I decided to put
it on the other day and the words and timing of the promises of Scripture gave
me such encouragement and peace!
Well it was last Saturday and I was on my way to urgent care
with Jakob. He had just recovered
from a MRSA (staph) infection just a few days earlier, after being out for ten days. And then before that he was on anti-hystamines for three
weeks for his unexplained allergic reaction. I was taking Jakob to urgent care because it was his third
day with a fever and he woke up that morning with swollen lips again. I was alone with Jakob because Allan
and Trevor were attending a BBQ some friends were hosting so that Allan could
present about our ministry.
As I was driving I was reflecting on my situation. Evaluating it objectively it looks
pretty dire and troublesome and hopeless.
An unexplained allergic reaction that required an ER visit; a serious
infection, MRSA; and now a fever accompanied by the return of the swelling on
his face and lips. I was
physically tired and a little sad that I had to miss yet another event because
of these troublesome circumstances.
And then the song came on.
Have I forgotten who my Father is? Do I not remember the great hope and promises that I
have? Why you down cast oh my
soul? Put your hope in God! This song repeats itself over and over,
so you really get the emphasis of the words. The previous day I had just picked up the book The Obedience Option by David W. Hegg
and was hit by one of his statements.
He said, “History is the record of God’s great rescue effort to bring
all creation back to its original purpose: to declare His glory.” God has rescued me from my sins and the
condemnation and punishment of my sins.
He has rescued me for the purpose of displaying His glory. Now how glorious would it be if
everything was smooth sailing with no troubles or worries? They say a diamond shines more when you
place it against the contrast of a black velvet cloth. These troublesome few weeks was my black
cloth and this little song reminded me of the promises that our mine through
Christ!
God promises that I will have trouble in this world. This world is cursed and full of the
effects of sin. But God has
rescued me. He is even a gentle
and caring God by putting His Word down so I can read and know His will. This song that came on reminded me of
His will and promises. I shouldn’t
be surprised when troubles come upon me (like back to back unknown unexplained
illnesses) but rather I should expect them. But Sandi, take heart!
Put your trust in God, for He has overcome the world! Jakob’s illnesses may go unexplained
for the rest of his life, and he will continue to get sick. But, my hope is not in the
circumstances and events in this world, no my hope is in the One who has
already overcome this world!
The Spirit used this Scripture verse to give me hope! And that hope caused me to sing and
brought me peace! I turned up the
song and sang out loudly over and over as I drove Jakob to urgent care. He later got diagnosed with pneumonia
that day. But it was such a
wonderful day! I had such joy and
peace. Amongst the last several
weeks that day stands out in my memory of being such a great day. Jakob and I
had menchies together… we danced at the pharmacy together and sang out together
in the car. I had hope and none of
these circumstances and troubles in this life could take away my hope! Praise be to God!
Through Christ who loved us, we are more than conquerors of
the distress and trouble we encounter in this world (Romans 8:37)

We need reminders like the song was for you. I'm glad you had this moment to help carry you through. And, I love the picture; what a cutie!
ReplyDelete