Tuesday, April 01, 2014

South Bay Christian Alliance Church SBCAC - Visiting our supporting churches

Last Sunday we had the privledge of visiting one of the first churches who has supported us in our efforts to minister in the Philippines, South Bay Christian Alliance Church.  One of our earliest connections with the church goes back to 2009 when Allan and I did an informal "scouting" type trip to the Philippines to see first hand if this was a ministry we wanted to be involved with in the future.  There were four of us from the States on that trip; me, Allan, Pastor Felix Ballon (from SBCAC) and Michael Gausselin (also from SBCAC).

This picture is of me and Allan eating a meal with Sean and Jessica Ransom (one of the missionary families we will be working alongside).  Pastor Felix is also in this picture, he is wearing the red shirt.  This picture encourages me cause look...I am wearing a jacket!  Must be "cold" if I thought I needed to put a jacket on, right?


It was after this trip in January 2009 that Allan and I made the decision to pursue full time ministry in the Philippines.  Here we are during that trip, as a young newlywed couple, on the beaches of Cebu.

Since SBCAC has been one of the longest relationships we have had with a supporting church, it has allowed us time to get to know some of its members.  Allan even got the opportunity to attend their men's retreat early this year.  It was a special time of refreshment for Allan.  One of the things that Allan admires from this church is their emphasis and involvement in training men up to be leaders.

One of the things I liked right away from this church was its food fellowship they have after every service.  It was their church that introduced me to a common thread of meals after services.  It was a food fellowship must like this one that I had my first tasting of dinuguan "chocolate meat".  Surprisingly, I enjoyed it very much.

This food fellowship was extra special because they had a beautiful and delicious cake made for us! 

Trevor doesn't eat much fruit, but one he likes a lot is strawberries.  Here he is trying to dive into the cake as he exclaims "strawberry! strawberry!"

During the service they prayed for and laid hands on Allan.  It is comforting to know that we are not alone.

Here is a picture of the SBCAC church body.  They are a wonderful body of believers and we are so blessed and thankful to have their support and prayers as our family gets ready to move overseas in a few short weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment